What Makes Our Sober Living Home So Unique? . . .
Asheville, North Carolina is one of the most beautiful cities in America. If you were flying above the city in the fall you would see wave after wave of mountain tops covered in oak, maple and pine trees, a deep-green sea dappled in gold and red. The winters are mild, summers are breathtaking and springs filled with blooming white pear blossom trees and tulips. Asheville is set squarely in the middle of the French Broad River Valley, where from a distance you can see just a few tall buildings, mostly dating back to the 1920s, sprouting from the compact downtown that immediately strikes most as genuinely eclectic. While Asheville is best known for hiking, fly fishing and kayaking it is also a place filled with diverse restaurants, galleries and music. On any given night, the sidewalks are packed with people and you think "Whoa, is there a festival in town?" But, no, it’s just a regular night in Asheville. Overall Asheville is a tranquil place to heal, grow and mature while simultaneously having everything needed for day to day living.
We have a beautiful home on a half acre lot which backs up against a bubbling brook in the pristine mountains of Asheville, North Carolina. We are less than 5 minutes away from all the amenities of downtown Asheville. We are much more than just a house with roommates. While it is important to share life with others on a similar path, recovery is learning how to live a new life. The real essence of healing and maturity comes from caring and passionate mentors who live to see others grow. The Eleventh Step House founders believe growth to be a series of intentional acts.
Working the 12 steps is not just a trite phrase but something we really do as a way of life. As it says in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, "Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program." Are you ready to give yourself completely?
What You Can Expect From the 11th Step House:
- A Safe and Sober Environment
- A warm beautiful home
- Most of your food
- To be loved
- The knowledge of how to forgive
- A new way to communicate
- To learn conflict resolution skills
- Help in finding faith in a Higher Power and themselves
- Help to feel hopeful
- Help learn to Love
Items Supplied by the 11th Step House*:
- All Paper Supplies, napkins, TP, paper towels, plastic storage bags, tissues
- All Laundry Supplies
- Free Use of Laundry facilities
- All cleaning supplies
- Bath Towels
- All linens and pillows
- All Utilities
- Cable TV
- High speed Internet (for job searching)
- Use of 3 Computers on site
- Unlimited use of phones, local and long distance
- All transportation to and back from Church and Celebrate Recovery meetings
- Coffee tea and Hot chocolate
- Oil, Corn and Olive
- All Spices
- All Condiments; ie: Salad dressings, Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, Soy Sauce & Worcestershire Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Peanut Butter
- Jam and Jelly
- Pancake Mix
- Pancake Syrup
* We are now a member of the Manna Food Bank, located in Asheville, NC. This makes it possible to increase the number of available items on a regular basis. Please call for additional information.