We practice the Golden Rule…Do unto others, as you would have others do unto you!
- Fees for the 1st of the month are due by the 28th of the prior month.
- You will give 30 day’s notice in writing before leaving this program. If you are discharged against your will, you will still be responsible for paying for the next 30 days after discharge.
- You will vacate the premises immediately if it is even suspected by the house director that you have used alcohol or any mind altering drugs. It is further understood that you will forfeit any right to refund of any unused fees and/or deposit if this occurs.
- All residents must be in by 11:00 p.m. or call before 11:00 p.m. to explain how this became impossible.
- One “overnight” pass may be granted by the Director after you have been here for 30 days.
- Always sign-out when leaving the house and sign-in upon returning to the house.
- This meeting is mandatory and is prefaced by dinner at 6:00 p.m. “Good stuff” and/or “Heartburn” with another member of the house can be dealt with at the house meeting if it is too uncomfortable to share or confront the person privately. This can be a very difficult process, but can be mastered in time with practice.
- No phone calls will be answered during the meeting – please turn off cell phones.
- We try to limit our sharing to 10 minutes per person so all can share (and we are not up too late).
Chores (for house and rooms)
- Non-compliance is grounds for termination without refund of fees or deposit.
- Chores are mandatory and will be assigned at the weekly house meeting. They will be rotated every 30 days or so at the discretion of the chore monitor. Please read the “How to” list carefully each day and follow it exactly, and not your way! No chores, except emptying the dishwasher and the trash will be required on the weekends, unless your regular chores have not been completed. Extra chores will be assigned if your regular chores have not been completed. Please remember your attitude is more important than your ability to be the “world’s best cleaning lady.” If you don’t know how to clean, we will teach you.
- It is also mandatory for you to make your bed and keep your room neat and clean daily; and vacuum and dust everything in your room at least once a week.
Other General Rules
- Sexual relationships with boyfriends, husbands, and any others must cease for the first 30 days of your stay. If you are not married then there may be further limitations for you to help your recovery process.
- Please keep your trash, dishes, the stove, cabinets, microwave, outdoor tables, smoking cans, personal stuff clean and picked up, and pick up after your guests. Wash, dry, and put away pots and pans, and put dishes in the dishwasher, as they are used. Never leave them on the counter to dry. If the dishwasher is full, wash, dry and put away your own dishes and pots and pans. If you mess it up, clean it up!
- Turn off TV, heater, fans and lights when leaving or going to bed. Turn off bathroom lights after use. If one of us is not home when you retire, please leave the porch light on.
- Phone calls should be kept to 10 minutes or less, remember there are others waiting to get or make a call.
- Never go into another’s room without being invited or asking that person for permission, whether they are home or not. Always ask if you want to use something that does not belong to you.
- Cars must be parked on the street or in the right driveway, and advise your guests to do the same; and never in the left driveway, except on Wednesday night, because the street sweeper comes on Thursday morning. Remember there is a fine for being in the way of the sweeper.
- Your mail will be placed on the table by the Sign-in sheet and returned to the post office if you leave and do not turn in a change of address form. If you give us your change of address we will forward your mail for a short period of time only.
- Smoking is only allowed on front porch or in the garage. Please place butts and ashes in the can, not on the grass or in the street.
8. One overnight per week is permitted after you have been a resident for at least one month, overnights will be discussed and granted on an individual basis. Men are not allowed, except under very narrow circumstances.
- If you leave this program, and do not take your things with you that day, they will be bagged and placed in the basement. You will have 30 days to come back for them, and then they will be thrown, given away, or sold.
- Please, please, please do not put pads, tampons or large amounts of toilet paper in the toilets. The pipes in this house tend to plug up easily. If necessary flush the toilet several times during usage. If you plug up the toilets downstairs you will be charged $250.
- The vacuum cleaner must be emptied and the filter cleaned after each use.
- Your phone messages must be erased every day from the answering machine. Do not erase the other ladies messages.
- Every new lady must attend 90 meetings in her first 90 days .
- After the 90 days, every lady must attend a minimum of 4 meetings outside the house, plus the house meeting.
- Every lady must hand in her signed pink slip before the weekly house meeting.
- If your laundry is in the washer or dryer, please do not leave the house until you have removed your items from the machines.
Thank you for your cooperation!